Bioinformatics Project Worker
OMass Therapeutics is an early stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for a one-year project opportunity to work within the Bioinformatics department. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate.
The successful candidate will learn and apply various computational tools and techniques in target identification in immunology diseases. The role is based remotely with the visiting opportunity to our Oxford site.
Applications to be received by 14th June 2022, for more details please visit https://www.omass.com/working-here/
Essential Experience and Skills
- Bsc or equivalent in computational biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, immunology
- Proficient programming skills in R or Python
- Ability to understand/apply/interpret statistical/machine learning models
- Basic understanding of biology, genetics, and target identification.
- Practical with Linux and Bash scripting.
- Comfortable using Git/GitLab.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Familiarity or interest in learning BigQuery/GraphQL.
- Familiarity or interest in learning Neo4j/Cypher and knowledge graphs.
- Collect and preparing data from relevant sources using API portal (R, Python, GraphQL).
- Designing a graph model and transforming data tables into a graph in Neo4J.
- Analysis of the graph and applying graph algorithms.
- Contributing to preparation of a protentional manuscript.