To apply for this role, please click here.
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we were recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
About the team
Pharmaceutical Wet Chemistry is a pivotal team in RSSL: with exponentially increasing client demand, it’s our biggest area of expansion growing roughly 30% year on year. Joining this team will allow you to do truly vital work analysing medicines so they can reach patients that need them. You’ll have opportunity to gain new technical and leadership skills as the laboratory continues going from strength to strength.
Purpose of the role
A Senior Technician executes hands-on wet chemistry analyses such as UV, FTIR, titrations and gravimetric techniques under the guidance of more senior scientists.
You’ll ensure routine pharmaceutical projects are performed promptly and to GMP standards, performing practical bench-work and data checking for routine analyses of pharmaceutical raw materials using wet chemistry techniques in accordance with pharmacopoeia or client methods.
- Perform routine analysis using wet chemistry techniques
- Ensure effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results.
- Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
What you will bring
- Experience of using wet chemistry techniques in any setting (eg in academia or as a technician).
- Chemistry (or related) degree or equivalent laboratory experience.
- Communication skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- English fluency.
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge.
- Knowledge GMP systems
You’ll ensure routine and complex pharmaceutical projects are performed promptly and to GMP standards, performing practical bench-work and data checking for routine analyses of pharmaceutical raw materials using wet chemistry techniques in accordance with pharmacopoeia or client methods. As required you’ll work with clients to provide technical input into project discussions.