Enara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Enara Bio is expanding its CMC expertise within the organisation, to deliver a pipeline of Cell and Gene Therapy products, including autologous ex vivo gene modified TCR-T therapeutics, to patients with cancer. We are now looking for an enthusiastic lab-based scientist to join the analytical development team, on projects spanning from research to GMP manufacturing.
The main focus of the role is to assess methods and technologies to establish robust analytical assays for GMP release and to characterise our cell products. In addition, close collaboration with the research function and other members of the process and analytical development teams, as well as with external partners is expected.
- Plan, conduct, and analyse experiments and interpret results, both individually and as part of a team
- Document and record experiments in a clear and timely manner
- Closely interact with colleagues from research and process and analytical development
- Develop new assays, technology and protocols together with the lead
- Actively engage in research and development project teams and provide scientific and technical expertise
- Contribute and execute on project plans to assess novel technologies and methods internally and with external partners
- Partner with the research team to establish robust and fit-for-purpose analytical methods to rapidly advance next gen and new clinical candidates from the pipeline into manufacturing
- Qualify assays as required
- Transfer knowhow on analytical methods to and from external partners
- Clearly communicate problems, risks and potential impact on timelines, as well as recommended solutions
- Author, review, and keep record of protocols, manufacturing and analytical documentation and reports
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate experience within academic or industry setting
- Proven experience of working to objectives and timelines
- T-cell biology and analytical understanding
- Laboratory experience with cell culture, ideally with primary human T cells
- Strong laboratory experience with cell based / molecular assay development and analytical methods such as cell counting, phenotypic and functional cell characterisation (flow cytometry, cytokine detection, qPCR etc.), ideally for the characterisation of primary human T cells
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong attention to detail
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems
- Experience with assay validation
- Experience working in project teams
- GMP experience
- Occasional travel to external partners will be required
The Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We look for alignment with these values in all new team members.
Location: Oxford, UK
To apply: (Senior) Scientist - Analytical Development - Enara Bio
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.