Enara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Target Validation expert to advance our efforts in validating the expression of novel immunotherapy targets across a range of primary samples and model systems. You will have expertise in molecular and in situ transcript and antigen validation methods (e.g. RT-PCR, ISH, IHC) and an ability to understand and interpret the output of NGS and bioinformatic analyses. This is an opportunity for you to help shape a critical research function within a rapidly growing organisation and contribute to the selection of new cancer treatments for clinical development.
You will work within multiple cross-functional project teams, responsible for key activities to achieve project deliverables and offering insight and expertise to support decision making. Communication and interpersonal skills will be key as you manage external relationships (e.g. with CROs) and provide your expertise to both academic and industrial research partnerships. You will also contribute towards validation work to support the progression of novel therapeutics from research into development, generating supportive data for potential inclusion in regulatory submissions (e.g. IND/CTAs).
- Designing, conducting, and evaluating experiments to define the expression profile of transcripts encoding our immunotherapy targets across cell lines, primary tissue samples and in vivo models
- Histological assessment of transcript expression through RNA ISH (e.g. RNAScope) and/or IHC on primary tissue, including image analysis and quantification
- Prepare samples and perform molecular techniques such as RT-PCR and NGS to assess expression levels across different materials. Work with colleagues in Bioinformatics to establish robust data analysis pipelines
- Assess the output of in silico genomic analyses and contribute to the review and selection of cancer-specific targets for validation
- Ensure data is analysed and reported to high industry standards. Effectively communicate results, conclusions and make clear recommendations to all levels of the organisation
- Support the establishment of a Target Validation research team as the company scales, and provide coaching/mentorship/support to less experienced members across our matrixed environment
- Stay up to date with new technologies and emerging literature in the field. Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment, where improvements and new ideas are freely shared and adopted among teams.
- Manage relevant relationships with CROs and academic partners and contribute towards key company alliances as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to a positive H&S and well-being culture. Champion the H&S requirements for methods and processes that you oversee in the laboratory
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline with at least 5 year’s research experience (or MSc + 8 years’ experience), preferably including validation of TCR and/or immunotherapy targets
- Proven expertise in transcriptional biology techniques including qPCR, ISH and/or IHC including quantification methods. Understanding of NGS workflows and analytical methods
- Clear and effective communication skills
- An inquisitive and innovative mindset, questioning the status quo with an attention to detail and clear problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated research project leadership and ability to prioritise activities to meet deadlines
- Experience working in cross-functional teams desirable
- Proven experience as a mentor and in management of external collaborations is preferred
The Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We look for alignment with these values in all new team members.
Location: Oxford, UK
To apply: https://enarabio.com/careers/target-validation-lead
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.