OBN is the UK’s leading not-for-profit life sciences membership organisation that provides support for new and established life science companies throughout the UK and beyond.
OBN is a private company limited by guarantee financed by membership fees from around 400 companies and 12 corporate sponsors plus income from its operational activities. It is supported by a Board of Non-Executive Directors, permanent and ad- hoc, advisory special interest groups.
As part of the organisation’s development, we are seeking to appoint an experienced Executive Chair with the required sector experience and gravitas to provide effective support to the CEO and direction to the Board. The role will be effective from July 2021.
We would very much like to hear from you, if you are:
- An experienced Chairperson with a life sciences background
- Commercially astute
- A strategic thinker
- Prepared and able to commit appropriate time to the role; and
- Share a vision of a vibrant, UK bio-industry
You will have a background in one or more of the following roles, with proven credibility:
- Investor/venture capitalist
- Working in biotech drug development/diagnostics/devices
- Senior R&D scientist
Hours & remuneration:
- An anticipated commitment of 1-2 days per month as required (remote and on-site), to include 4 Board meetings per year, with a remuneration of c£20k p.a.
- Presence and excellent networking opportunities at our flagship events: BioTrinity, BioForward, BioSeed & the OBN Awards
It would be helpful if you have experience of more than one Board and are well known in the industry.
If you are keen to make an impact in this vital area of UK science and commerce, then please send a covering email with your CV to email@example.com. A detailed job description will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
OBN (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 14 March 2021