We are a leader in liquid biopsy. Every day we transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the power of liquid biopsy. Our tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients.
We are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Our exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them.
If making a difference is in your DNA and you are ready to join the liquid biopsy revolution, then you could be just the person we are looking for to join our team based in Cambridge, UK!
This role will involve the understanding and application of statistical methodologies to genomic data sets for the analysis of NGS cancer genomics data, biomarker development, innovative algorithm design and optimisation of Inivata’s technology
- Contribute to the development of novel methodologies and algorithms for the analysis of circulating tumor DNA.
- Develop and implement statistical algorithms for the analysis of genomic data sets, such as variant calling, background model estimation or scoring methods.
- Carry out data analysis for scientific or clinical studies.
- Develop production ready, regulatory compliant code in partnership with the software development team.
- Provide support to clinical, business development and other departments for novel and existing products
HIPAA/GDPR Compliance: Position will
- Agree to abide by Employment and Confidentiality Agreements and End User Policies
- Commit to stay up to date on training requirements for HIPAA and GDPR
- Understand the importance of the proper handling and disposal of ePHI and agrees to follow HIPAA and GDRP Regulations
- Abide by the requirements for the proper disposal of equipment containing ePHI
- Agree to report breaches and the improper handling of ePHI to the Company’s Privacy and Security Officers
- PhD in the field of statistical genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics, applied statistics, or relevant experience
- Significant working experience in statistics and applying statistical techniques to biological problems (Essential)
- Working knowledge of next generation sequence data analysis (Essential)
- Experience in novel algorithm development, data mining (Essential) and machine learning (Desired)
- Scientific programming experience, including proficiency in R or Python (Essential)
- Experience with cancer genomics data (Desired)
- Experience with Unix environment, high-performance computing, AWS and common bioinformatics tools and resources (Desired).
- Experience with software development, for example writing open source (e.g. Bioconductor) packages, writing documentation and using version control.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate ideas and results in a multi-disciplinary environment (Essential).
- Development experience working in a regulatory environment and quality assurance, such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 15189 (Desired).
Our Values are BOLD, PASSIONATE, CARING
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
To Apply: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/inivata/jobs/bioinformatics_scientist__statistical_genomics_11885/en/
No agencies please.
We look forward to reviewing your application!