Business Development Manager - Life Science UK
Job Description and Qualifications
At Air Products we have been helping our customers to become more productive, energy-efficient and sustainable for over 80 years. With our atmospheric, process and speciality gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply creative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We’re Recruiting…Life Sciences Business Development Manager for North & West England, Wales and Scotland region.
This is an exciting role for an experienced and driven sales professional and a fantastic opportunity to join the global Air Products family. The role is home-based; Responsible for the whole of the West and North of the UK from Wales, through the midlands and including the North and Scotland as required. Our life sciences business unit is a specific area of growth and the role will identify and secure new opportunities to supply. The product focus is on liquid nitrogen and freezer storage products for living cells. A background or knowledge of industrial gases or life sciences would be beneficial but moreover, our successful candidate will be skilled in customer engagement and relationship management. The role offers a competitive basic salary, variable pay percentage and entry to a specific sales incentive plan. A car and supplementary overall compensation package will be offered including health insurance and pension.
Interested?....Here’s the detail
The primary aim of the Life Sciences Business Development Manager is growth through new customer acquisition and nurturing of existing customers to ensure portfolio expansion. Full support and training will be given to ensure credibility and knowledge of this specialist offering within the Air Products product range. The Speciality Products team will work closely with the incumbent to engender strong product and market knowledge, highly consultative selling skills and an understanding of customer applications within the biomedical sector.
In this role you will:
• Need to quickly develop a high level of product knowledge in the Life Science markets and support the regional and Major Accounts colleagues with this knowledge
• Be capable of managing a wide range of activities including prospecting for brand new customers and portfolio development at existing customers where opportunity is evident.
• The sales territories will be large and a high level of travel will be required to successfully grow the business. Field-based activities are expected to equate to approx. 75% of BDM’s time. Given the geographical scope, our preference is to base the role in the North West or Midlands where transport to the extremes of the region will be easier and the main mass of customers are easily accessible.
• This region is active for emerging Life Science companies, so a strong market presence is essential.
• As well as the core products for Life Science the role owner will need to sell all products needed by the Life Science account customers, therefore the job requires a highly collaborative approach with other specialist sales teams.
Ideal Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable prior experience of selling added value high technology products with a consultative sales approach. Examples including, but not limited to, Speciality or Industrial Gases, laboratory chemicals or consumables, Life Science or medical equipment, analytical equipment. Alternatively, candidates with a science-based education and relevant experience of business development/ sales or account management within a sizable business.
• Evidence of strong new business achievement versus targets involving direct contact with prospects and excellent pipeline management.
• Excellent team skills and capability of successfully developing win/win situations with peers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers on the technical benefits of the products being sold.
• High energy, self-motivated and willing to travel extensively within the allocated area to maximize effective use of time.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed, with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return, we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development. We are a global business with solid financial performance and commitment to investment and growth. If this appeals to you, come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.
To apply click here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25091&siteid=5105&Areq=29473BR&Codes=LNKDNOH#jobDetails=703541_5105