PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd is an award-winning UK/US development stage biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, with a focus on immunotherapeutic approaches. We have a first- generation oncolytic virus and three transgene-expressing T-SIGn cancer gene therapy candidates in Phase I/II clinical development, and are further developing our innovative platform technology and pipeline of new pre-clinical and research candidates.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Scientist to join our CMC team. In the role you will assist with the development of PsiOxus viral manufacturing processes and technology transfer to contract manufacturers. This role will report directly into the Head of Manufacturing.
Key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Development and optimisation of downstream processes including UF/DF and chromatographic techniques for the purification of proteins and viral candidates.
- Optimisation and scale-up of purification processes for transfer to a contact manufacturing organisation for GMP manufacture.
- Design and execute small scale shake flask experiments and bioreactor processes to optimise the upstream process for viral candidates.
- Investigate, develop and establish new methodologies in upstream and downstream purification.
- Assist in the technical transfer of processes to a relevant CMO.
- Perform product characterization and in process analysis.
- Produce well written, compliant & traceable laboratory notebooks and raw data files.
- Provide training to other staff as necessary and appropriate.
- Write and review process development SOPs.
- To communicate ideas and experimental designs with colleagues.
- To monitor and communicate progress and highlight delays or potential risks to project timelines.
- To report on progress on a regular basis, both within the team and other Programme teams.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised, self-motivated team player. Applicants should have a BSc or higher qualification in a relevant biological or engineering subject as well as experience in protein/virus downstream purification. Applicants must have the ability to analyse and research complex issues and write factual reports and show good computer proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Experience in recombinant protein and/or virus production and analysis using a mammalian cell platform is desirable, as well as experience in cGMP process development and process technology transfer. Ideally you will have knowledge of analytical techniques such as HPLC, ELISAs and Cell Culture as well as experience in process robustness studies and Design of Experiment.
Applicants will be technically competent and capable of working independently in a laboratory, have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines and capable of readily adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and become part of something very special. If you would like to apply please ensure you upload a covering letter as well as your CV, explaining to us why you are interested in this position. In return we offer a great working environment, an attractive remuneration package and a range of competitive benefits.
The closing date for applications is 28 June 2020, however applications will be evaluated in the order that they are received. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conference.