OET Ltd provides a custom baculovirus expression service for its customers and undertakes R&D projects to develop novel baculovirus expression system products. It also provides customers with kits to use in their own laboratories.
OET Ltd has a vacancy for a fixed-term, 12 month appointment as Intern to support the sale of kits to customers and also to gain laboratory technical experience of supporting research and development projects. The Intern will assist in the preparation and packaging of kits and provide basic technical support for company scientists including stock control and ordering lab supplies. The Intern will also receive training to enable them to support research projects including cell culture, preparation of solutions and culture media, and analysis of proteins and DNA.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Biomedical/Biological Sciences graduate (BSc or MSc) who can demonstrate good attention to detail, ability to work accurately to a high standard and who can work well in a small team. The start date is negotiable but early September is preferred. The salary offered is £17,000 p.a. for a standard 37.5h week with 5 weeks paid holiday.
The overall purpose of this internship is to provide experience in laboratory techniques relating to the sale of kits and research work that OET undertakes:
- To provide basic technical support for OET scientists including a weekly lab stock take, placing orders for consumables, preparation and aliquotting of solutions and reagents.
- To help keep the lab clean and tidy, and ensure correct disposal of items.
- To assist with the preparation and packaging of kits for sale including liaising with couriers and preparing accurate paperwork for couriers and customs.
- To provide assistance to research staff in laboratory techniques including cell culture, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting, PCR and DNA analysis.
- To follow all Health & Safety procedures and keep good laboratory records and reports.
- To undertake other duties that may be requested by the line manager from time to time, and which are consistent with the type of duties outlined above.
Applications including a CV, personal statement and names of two referees should be sent to Ms Aleksandra Kuczera by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 17 th July 2017. Interviews will be held on 25 th July 2017.